Fingerprinting/Concealed Pistol License
Fingerprinting is currently being done at the Mountlake Terrace Police Department by appointment only. Police Staff will contact you to schedule your appointment. If it is urgent that you are fingerprinted, please call 425-670-8260 during regular business hours.
Fingerprinting for Concealed Pistol Licenses can only be done for residents of Mountlake Terrace. Residents and non-residents are welcome for all other fingerprinting.
The cost for fingerprinting is $15.00 for the first card, and $7.50 for each card thereafter, per person.
ALL IN PERSON SERVICES ARE CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE EXCEPT FOR FINGERPRINTING BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- FINGERPRINTING SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE FOR RESIDENTS AND NON-RESIDENTS, EXCEPT
- ONLY MOUNTLAKE TERRACE RESIDENTS MAY APPLY FOR A CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT.
- CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED IN ADVANCE.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED.
Concealed Pistol License
PLEASE BRING A COMPLETED APPLICATION AT THE TIME OF YOUR FINGERPRINT APPOINTMENT.
- You must be a resident of Mountlake Terrace.
- You must present valid photo ID with your current address.
- Payment may be made with cash, check or VISA/MasterCard Credit or debit cards.
- You must be eligible by State Law.
- CPL Laminating is available for a fee of $3.00.
- CPL Replacement cost is $10.00 plus optional laminating fee of $3.00
FINGERPRINTING SERVICES ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. CALL 425-670-8260 AND LEAVE A CALL BACK PHONE NUMBER TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT.
CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMITS ARE ISSUED TO RESIDENTS ONLY. MASKS ARE REQUIRED AT YOUR APPOINTMENT.
- You must complete the and you must be fingerprinted (please print the application double-sided) PLEASE BRING IN COMPLETED APPLICATION BUT DO NOT SIGN OR DATE UNTIL YOU ARE FINGERPRINTED.
- The fee for first-time applicants is $36 Plus background check/fingerprint fees - which are subject to change, and is currently $49.25 total. All fees are non-refundable.
RENEWALS MAY BE SENT BY MAIL OR YOU CAN USE THE PAYMENT DROP BOX OUTSIDE THE POLICE DEPARTMENT AT 23250 58th Avenue W, MOUNTLAKE TERRACE, WA 98043. .
- THE COMPLETED, SIGNED AND DATED APPLICATION (please print double sided), and
- A COPY OF YOUR IDENTIFICATION AND A COPY OF YOUR CURRENT CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT, and
- YOUR PAYMENT
- You may renew your CPL up to 90 days prior to the expiration date for a $32.00 fee.
- Late Renewals up to 90 days past the expiration date will require a late renewal fee of $42.00.
- Past the 90 day expiration date will require fingerprints to be taken.
Armed Forces Renewal - Out of State Deployment
Currently deployed members of the Armed Forces, including the National Guard and Armed Forces Reserves, who are deployed out of state, can renew their concealed pistol license by mail. This can be done up to 90 days before or up to 90 days after the expiration of the existing concealed pistol license. The fee for this type of renewal is $32. A late fee of $10 is applied if the license is expired, making the total fee $42. The license by mail is only valid for a period of one year from the expiration date of your current license.
To renew the Concealed Pistol License by mail, send:
• a completed application form, a copy of your current Concealed Weapons Permit, a copy of your identification, and
• a copy of your original order, designating the period of deployment, and
• a check payable to the City of Mountlake Terrace for the renewal fee, and late fee applicable, to:
Mountlake Terrace Police Department
23250 58th Avenue W
Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043
The law also allows for members of the Armed Forces to renew their license within 90 days of the expiration without paying a late fee if they were deployed but have since returned to the state. A copy of the original deployment order is required, a copy reassignment back to the State of Washington is optional. In this case, the late fee is waived and the standard renewal fee of $32 applies.