On weekdays beginning Monday, February 12 and expected to continue into early
March, Puget Sound Energy (PSE) will upgrade their gas main along 236th Street
SW from I-5 to 56th Avenue W. During this time, roadway lanes will periodically shift
and may be reduced to one travel lane with flaggers. These lane shifts and closures
will occur in shorter segments along the roadway as PSE’s work progresses.
On-street parking will be prohibited near the work areas by temporary “No Parking”
signs. Also, one segment of work will include the signalized 56th Avenue W
intersection where traffic will be detoured to neighboring streets.
PSE’s work is scheduled in anticipation of the city’s “Main Street” Reconstruction
project. PSE’s upgrading of their gas main will reduce the likelihood that later utility
work will cut and patch the reconstructed 236th Street SW surface.
2. 52nd Ave W between 219th St & 220th St
Temporary lane closures may occur while school construction is ongoing.
3. 220th St SW / 70th Ave W Pavement restoration within and near the 220th St SW / 70th Ave W intersection will
occur but is dependent on weather. Work will occur within the intersection and may
be controlled by a police officer. Closures are limited to occurring on weekdays
between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
4. 51st Ave W between 219th St SW & 217th St SW Pavement is planned but is dependent on weather. Lane closures will occur during
daytimes and local access will be maintained.
5. 228th St SW sidewalk Lane closures will occur during asphalt restoration, but is weather dependent.
6. 244th St SW-NE 205th St between Gateway Blvd & 56th Ave W Construction activity south of the roadway is ongoing and temporary lane shifts are expected. No roadway closures are anticipated.