CURRENT TRAFFIC ALERTS DUE TO CONSTRUCTION
Construction Update for the Week of August 30, 2021 (See Map Below)
- Lakeview Drive – 73rd Place SW to Interstate 5: Beginning August 2through the following two months, traffic will be disrupted along Lakeview Drive for P.U.D. conduit trenching along the corridor. There will be lane shifts and sidewalk closures at various points throughout the work area for the duration of project. Expect pedestrian detours and vehicular lane shifts and lane closures with flaggers. Expect minor delays.
- 55th Avenue W – Between 238th Street SW and 240th Street SW: Installation of new water main and new sewer main during the month of August. Lane closures will occur along with local detours. Expect minor delays.
- 70th Avenue W – South of 220th Street SW: Construction of a new storage facility will impact 70th Avenue W intermittently for the next six months. Lane shifts and lane closures will occur. Expect minor delays.
- Intersection of 49th Place W and 237th Street SW: Construction of three new single family homes will be installing utilities beginning August 16 for the following two months. There will be lane shifts and some road closures during the construction. Expect delays and detours.
- Lakeview Drive – Ballinger Lake Boat Launch: Construction of the new pier and boat launch area will occur through December 2021. The road to the boat launch will be closed; however construction vehicles will be entering and leaving the site on a regular basis. Expect minor delays.
- Intersection of 216th Street SW and 50th Avenue W: Townhome development has begun and will last approximately 3 months. Utility work and frontage improvements will create lane shifts and lane closures. Expect minor delays.
- 56th Avenue W north of 230th Street SW: Frontage improvements and utility work for a townhome development will be taking place for approximately 3 months. Lane closure and lane shifts. Expect minor delays.
- Sound Transit – 228th Street SW I-5 Overpass: Installation of a new water main will cause lane closures. Expect minor delays.
- Sound Transit – 236th Street SW Night Closures: Work on the elevated track will take place between August 30 through September 9 between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. Nightly closures and detours will be in effect during these hours. Emergency vehicles and buses will be allowed through the closure.