Engineering Construction Permits

Until further notice, City Hall remains closed to the public. All permit applications are accepted. Note: Compliance to COVID-19 mandates has created longer permit processing times. Permit applications are located below. 

Intake Appointment Requests are responded to in the order they are received. Please allow at least 5 business days for a date and time confirmation for your appointment. 

Click here for interactive sewer card map Opens in new window

Sewer Cards and Property Account Summary Map Viewer
Sewer Cards are available for about 75% of the city's parcels. Snohomish County's Property Account Summaries are also available in this map viewer for 99% of the city's parcels.

Permit submissions are processed in the following manner:

City Website 
Appointment Required with 
Permit Specialist

Apply Online

Permit Portal

Schedule an Intake Appointment

Intake Appointment Construction Plans

*The Development Permit intake box is located by the front door to City Hall during business hours. To begin processing, a permit specialist will confirm receipt, and provide an invoice of fees due.

Your project must have issued permits on-site, require workers to be six-feet apart, and have a developed exposure control, mitigation, and recovery plan. Washington State Department of Labor & Industries will enforce requirements for contractors to comply with comprehensive COVID-19 exposure control, mitigation, recovery plans and safety practices.

Current engineering standards, guidelines, fee schedules, checklists and application forms are listed below. The Permit Contact Information Form is required with most applications. Please refer to the proper checklist to determine if it needs to be included with your submittal.

It is important to provide all required documentation, specified on the checklists and guidelines, with the complete permit application. The required fee(s) will be due at the time the permit application is submitted. Please consult the Permit FAQ’s to address questions you may have. If your question is not on our FAQs, please fill out the Ask a Permit Specialist Form.
- 425-744-6267 for Building, Fire and Engineering permits
- 425-744-6284 for Planning and Land Use approvals

Engineering Staff

Engineering Forms and Fees

Engineering Details-Specifications