Mountlake Terrace City Hall is currently open for passport services by appointment only.

All applicants must be present at time of application. Applicants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by both parents. 

Being 15 minutes late or more may result in your appointment being rescheduled. 

Payment must be made by check or money order (NO CASH).

Passport Services Hours of Operation

Passport Services will be closed for the following holidays: 
 Christmas Day: Monday, 12/25/23 
 New Years Day: Monday, 01/01/24

Monday - Thursday, 12 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The last appointment of the day is at 4 p.m.
Appointments must be scheduled by email, phone, or in person.

Prepare Your Application

Prior to your arrival, fill out the passport application online. This is for both first-time applicants and passport renewals.

Things to Remember

All questions on the application are about the person applying.

    Minors should use someone other than a parent as an emergency contact.

    Social security number is required for all applicants.

    Mother's maiden name is required.

    Spouse's maiden name is required.

    Use black ink only on your application.

    We only accept check or money orders for the passport payment. See "Current Fees" below for more information.     

    Your emergency contact should not be someone you travel with.

    Visit Travel.State.Gov to learn more.

Current Fees

Two separate payments are required. One goes with your passport to Department of State. The other is payable to the City of Mountlake Terrace for processing.

ItemForm of paymentAmount
Adult Passport BookCheck/Money Order (payable to Department of State)$130
Adult Passport CardCheck/Money Order (payable to Department of State)$30
Adult Passport Book and CardCheck/Money Order (payable to Department of State)$160
Minor (under 16) Passport BookCheck/Money Order (payable to Department of State)$100
Minor (under 16) Passport CardCheck/Money Order (payable to Department of State)$15
Processing FeeCheck/Money Order/Credit/Debit card to City of Mountlake Terrace$35
Expedite FeeCheck/Money Order (payable to Department of State)$60
PhotosCheck/Money Order/Credit/Debit card to City of Mountlake Terrace$16 each

For more detailed pricing, visit Travel.State.Gov

* Photos can be taken during the appointment time. 

Processing Times

According to U.S. Department of State, processing times for routine and expedited applications are as follows:

7-10 weeks for routine processing

3-5 weeks for expedited processing

Mail times vary and delays have been significant. Plan ahead.

If you need a passport in LESS than 14 days, contact the Seattle Passport Office to schedule an appointment at 1-877-487-2778.

  1. Passport Services

  2. City Hall

    Physical Address
    23204 58th Avenue W
    Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043


Minor Passport Processing

Minors (under 16) must apply in person for both first-time passports and renewals. Passport for children under age 16 are only valid for 5 years. You will need the following:

    Both parents

    Birth certificate (original/certified copy)

    Check or money order

    Expired passport (if available)

    Recent Photo (taken within the last 6 months)

    Social security number

    Form DS-11

    List of acceptable documents at Travel.State.Gov

Visit - Minors under 16 website for more information on renewing passports for a minor.

Video: How to apply for your child’s passport

Passport Renewals for Adults

Adult renewals are done through the mail. Adult renewals only processed in person if:

    Your most recent passport has been damaged, lost, or stolen, or if it has been expired for more than five years.

    You were under 16 years of age when your most recent passport was issued. 

For renewals by mail, you will need to mail the following:

    A certified copy of your marriage certificate or court order if your name has changed

    Check or money order (see fee chart above)

    Form DS-82

    One recent passport photo (taken within the last 6 months)

    Your expired passport 

    More information on renewals at Travel.State.Gov

Video: How to renew your passport

Adults who were under the age of 16 when their last passport was issued must apply in person. You will need the following:

    Check or money order

    Expired passport

    Form DS-11

    Recent Passport Photo (taken within the last 6 months)


  1. Janella Lewis

    Finance Director